Become GDPR ready through interactive, media-rich IAPP online training supported by experienced IAPP certified expert over video-link right from your home.
The self & trainer – paced online GDPR training program gives you the skills to envision, design and execute a comprehensive privacy management program within GDPR requirements through IAPP European Data Protection and Privacy Program Management courses.
These are essential skills as data protection authorities continue to levy more and steeper GDPR non-compliance fines on organizations of all sizes. As of July 2019, data protection authorities announced levied 360 million euros in fines against organizations ranging from real estate management firms to hotel chains to airlines. More than 300,000 cases and complaints are pending with authorities across the EU.
Companies need DPO candidates with the requisite knowledge and skills to minimize their exposure to such penalties. CIPP/E and CIPM are recommended as the most appropriate for aspiring DPOs, according to Eric Lachaud in “Should the DPO be certified?” in International Data Privacy Law, a journal published by Oxford University Press. These training programs are based on the body of knowledge for the ANSI/ISO-accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) and Certified Information Privacy Management (CIPM) certifications.
Online training is all that is listed on iapp here but extended with live online support by IAPP expert.
During your online classes experienced IAPP certified trainer (CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT and FIP) starting with Kick-off (online) meeting will assist you to pass the exam and maximize outcome of training.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The CIPM training comprises 10 modules, which take a total of approximately 10 hours to complete (one hour per module).
The CIPP/E training comprises 11 modules with a total audio run-time of approximately 2-3 hours; however, as this program is less linear and more interactive, you may wish to spend approximately an hour reviewing and exploring each module.
Both trainings incorporate IAPP faculty presentations, interactive scenarios, and annotated quizzes to guide you through the complexities of the GDPR in an easy-to-follow, thorough format.
Each course offers individuals an opportunity to learn about critical privacy concepts that are also integral to their respective certification exams.
The trainings are not purely “test prep” classes, nor does taking training guarantee you’ll pass your exams. The trainings are appropriate for professionals who plan to certify, as well for those who want to deepen their privacy knowledge.
Give yourself the best chance of passing an exam by studying for 30 hours for each program, and reviewing the additional free resources found here.
During training you will be mentored by experienced trainer that will help you all the way through certification exam.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
Each course includes everything you need to get started. And if you decide to aim for a credential, you’ll have a head start!
- Unlimited access to the online training, complete with video, interactive scenarios and full transcripts that you can review at your own pace with an internet connection
- Interactive quizzes to check your mastery of the subject matter
- CIPP/E and CIPM Sample Questions (immediately accessible through your MyIAPP portal)
- European Data Protection
- Course textbook European Data Protection: Law and Practice, Second Edition(Electronic Copy)
- Privacy Program Management
- Course textbook Privacy Program Management: Tools for Managing Privacy Within Your Organization, Second Edition (Electronic Copy)
- WHAT YOU’LL TAKE AWAY: Instruction based on the bodies of knowledge for the globally recognized Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) and Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) credentials
- Sought-after skills you can start applying right away
- Know-how you need to advance your career
- WHAT YOU NEED (SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS): Windows: Internet Explorer 11 or later, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version) or Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), or Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 8.1.2 or later or Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later